Author's address / E-Mail / phone
- All the plant photographs on this website are subject to the copyright of the author, Robert Flogaus-Faust. Robert Flogaus-Faust is also the person responsible for this website according to German laws (click onto the name for details!)
- All the plant photographs in the directories http://www.flogaus-faust.de/photo/ and http://www.flogaus-faust.de/bc/photo/, i. e. my photographs of plants from Europe and North America, were released by me, Robert Flogaus-Faust, under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (standard license). Please note that this does not mean that you may use the photographs without any conditions, but that you must abide by the license to use the photographs.
Please consider the following recommendations, which are not intended as legal additions to the license, but just as recommendations:
a) To learn correct attribution of material licensed under Creative Commons licenses, the following external page is recommended: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Best_practices_for_attribution.
b) Please avoid linking directly to a photograph (such as http://www.flogaus-faust.de/bc/photo/brodcoro.jpg), but rather link to the HTML page, where you found the image, such as http://www.flogaus-faust.de/bc/e/brodcoro.htm. Direct links to photographs are undesirable and may result in redirection.
c) Hotlinking of images is also undesirable. If you use one of my photographs on your site, then please copy it to your webspace and embed the copy into your web page. Hotlinking may lead to redirection. Please note that some of the photographs may be overwritten or even deleted from my site, which has no effect on your rights, but would change the hotlinked photographs, whereas the copies of the original photographs would remain intact.
d) If you should be unable to view or download my photographs, which is obviously not my intention, then please tell me by mail so that I can help you with this problem.
f) If you use any of my photographs in print, sending a copy of your work to my postal address would be nice; however, this is not obligatory, of course.
- By request of an institution asking for this specific license all the photographs on http://www.flogaus-faust.de/photo/, i.e. the plant images from Europe, may also be used under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. This is not recommended, however. Rather use the standard Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- The earlier license is therefore superfluous. This is why it cannot be found here any more. Of course anyone who got permission by me either ny mail or letter or just uses my photographs according to my old license may continue doing so. However, if you read this text and intend to use one of my photographs for one of your publications, please rather use the standard license mentioned above.
- If you cannot use the standard license and need a different license or if you need a high resolution photograph for printing instead of the low resolution photographs on my website, then please contact me by mail. Please note that I shall not usually allow any exceptions from the standard license for primarily commercial applications and that it is quite unlikely that I provide high resolution images for these purposes. However, you may request high resolution images for school or university purposes, for museums, non-profit organizations, or nature conservation, if this is possible and necessary.